Thank you for visiting the website of Windsor Preventive Dental Care, the office of Dr. William Powell, a distinguished dental care provider conveniently located in Windsor, Maine which is centrally located between Augusta and Rockland. Our highly qualified team of experienced professionals will work to create an individualized treatment plan specifically designed to address your unique needs. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to ensure that each of our patients receives superlative care that is both efficient and effective.
April is National Facial Protection Month
Here are five tips from the Academy of Pediatric Dentistry to keep your young athlete safe from facial injuries:
1. Wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports: Mouth guards are significantly less expensive than the cost to repair an injury, and dentists and dental specialists can make customized mouth guards that hold teeth in place and allow for normal speech and breathing.
2. Wear a helmet: Helmets absorb the energy of an impact and help prevent damage to the head.
3. Wear protective eyewear: Eyes are extremely vulnerable to damage, especially when playing sports.
4. Wear a face shield to avoid scratched or bruised skin: Hockey pucks, basketballs and racquetballs can cause severe facial damage at any age.
5. Make protective gear mandatory for all sports: Athletes who participate in football, hockey and boxing are required to wear mouth guards. If mouth guards have been proven to significantly decrease the risk of oral injuries, why is it not mandatory in every sport for kids to be required to wear them.
Early Dental Care
We love children, and we have the knowledge and experience needed to provide your family with child-friendly dental care. You can rest assured that we will work hard to make sure your family’s dental experiences with us are positive ones!
Our office uses the latest general dental techniques to correct all your dental problems. Our experienced staff works together as a team to provide you with fillings, crowns and bridges, root canals and tooth extractions in order for you have a great smile.
We are dedicated to providing our patients with the latest in dental technology, from laser-assisted general and cosmetic dentistry, to early dental decay detection with the advanced Spectra system.
At Windsor Preventive Dental Care, we look forward to seeing you smile!